Modern Meets Traditional
Part of an extensive renovation, the clients’ brief for this kitchen included: Having good indoor-outdoor flow and incorporating leftover timber beams from the older part of the home.
The large square granite topped island is the centrepiece, with a butlers sink that pairs beautifully with the timber accents, white cabinetry and subway tiled splashback. The same benchtop is continued on the back bench and into the scullery.
The hidden scullery is a unique feature of this kitchen, and a clever use of the corner wall. It can be closed away using ceiling-hung sliding doors, and when open it becomes an extension of the main kitchen. It houses a convection oven and coffee machine, making it a coffee and breakfast preparation area. When entertaining, close it off and hide the dishes until guests have left.
This kitchen features in our 2020 Kitchens Look Book
>> ORDER YOUR COPY HERE
Want to get this look?
- Benchtop: Black Honed Granite
- Cabinets: Raised Panel Shaker Style, painted Dulux Okarito
- Handles: Archant Delamore and Rewa
- Sink: Archant Butlers Sink
- Drawers: Hettich soft-close Drawers, Hideaway Bin Drawer
- Splashback: Subway tiles
Who was involved?
- Kitchen designed, manufactured and installed by Mastercraft Kitchens Whangamata