Orange is the new Black
Stepping into this kitchen, one just wants to touch the perfect black surface of the cabinets – and when you do so, no fingerprints will be left behind! The flat panels, with a matte finish give a softness to the texture of this kitchen.
The combination 20mm Birch Oak Ply and Stone benchtop is a clever shift away from more common benchtop looks, and enhances this kitchen’s sleek, minimalistic appeal. Linking the timber bench to the shelf under the window, and framing the window with timber too, is designer-inspired genius.
Orange is a bold and lively pop of colour that contrasts beautifully with the dark cabinetry. The splashback is painted glass, with Resene Trinidad.
A scullery is cleverly hiding behind a flush handle-less door, so when closed it looks like a wall… but it opens to uncover an Aladdin’s cave of kitchen goodies.
This kitchen features in our 2020 Kitchens Look Book
>> ORDER YOUR COPY HERE
Want to get this look?
- Benchtop: Stone – Silestone Merope. Timber – Plytech Birch Oak Plywood
- Cabinets: Flat Panel, painted Perfect Sense Black, Matte finish
- Hardware: Blum Tandembox and Bins soft-close
- Sink: Ikon Stainless Steel Single Bowl with Insert Sink Undermounted
- Splashback: Painted Glass, Resene Trinidad
Who was involved?
- Kitchen designed, manufactured and installed by Mastercraft Kitchens Wairarapa
- This new home was built by Thistle Building Company